Monday, June 28, 2010

HAIR FOR HOPE 2010

In year 2008 when I first saw the event "HAIR FOR HOPE" in Novena Square, I had wanted to volunteer as a shavee to support the children with cancer through this ev ent organized by Children’s Cancer Foundation (CCF) but I did not have enough courage to do so then.

Last year, it just so happen that when the event was held, I was outstation and there... I have another excuse that I am not able to do it because the timing was not right. This year, it was such a coincidence that my company is having the satellite event next week and I guess I have not much excuses now.

Well, what harm will it do me?!? At most, I will just get ‘A LOT’ more “STARRING” from some inconsiderate people . At least, I’m making a FOOL out of myself by doing it for a GOOD cause. Anyway, my hair can easily grow back, hopefully.... kekeke...

Some thinks I’m crazy to actually volunteer as a shavee. When I sent out email to my friends asking them to join me or to support by donations. ALL of them rather donate than to part with their lovely locks including the guys. Some of my gal-frens even asked me to stay away from their hair, they will not even part with a SINGLE strand of their hair. Hahaha. Well, I understand how important hair is to a woman. It’s one of their greatest beauty assets.


Therefore, I can imagine how the cancer patients feel... at least we got a choice to grow back our hair but these people got no choice. If you people out there have extra long locks and would like to donate your locks for a good purpose, you can refer to ‘LOCKS of LOVE’.

Well, I guess everyone have their own choice. Some of my friends have shown full support that they will donate on my behalf to the CCF. Thanx in advance!! ^=^

Do let me know if you wanna give me your support by donating to the CCF. Thanks!

“GOD BLESS EVERYONE ALL THE TIMES”


PROS and CONS of getting “BALD

PROS

- Save $$$ on shampoo & hair products
- Faster shower time
- No need to blow dry
- Feels cooler on hot days
- A good cause to help CCF

CONS

- No more shade from the UV ray of the sun
- Can’t use my lovely hair clips
- Gonna hate the in-between growing time
- Can’t stop people from starring at me
- Can’t play with hair during free time *

* This is for MCC. Hahah...

1 comment:

--andy-- said...

courage is admirable, I am still wondering whether I will shave for 2011 :)