Monday, September 7, 2009

1 Litre of Tears - 1 リットル の なみだ

It all started when the gym instructor played the song that I really like during the cool down session... when I asked him what's the title of the song, he told me, "Only Human by K" and it is the theme song for this drama called "1 Litre of Tears".

There are 2 more songs that are really good in the movie other than the main theme song "Only Human". The songs are called "3 gatsu kokonoka (9th March)" and "Kona Yuki" by Remioromen.

The title of the drama actually caught my attention and I started google-ing on it. Subsequently, I found out that my colleague have the drama and the songs. Just finished the drama and donated 1 litre of tears watching it. It is a really touching and inspiring drama based on a true story of how this girl, 木藤亜也, Kitō Aya struggle through her life when she found out that she had this disease called 'Spinocerebellar Degeneration' at the age of 15.

This disease have no cure and it is pretty much suffering when you have all the mental ability in place but you will slowly lose control on all your physical ability. Eventually, you will end up on wheel chair or even bed-ridden and cannot even control over small little things in daily life like eating by your ownself.

I really admire her fighting spirit and she never give up on herself, as she managed to hang on to live for at least 10 more years before she died at the age of 25. Her family members were all very supportive towards her and never give up on her. After watching the series, you would be even more grateful in your daily life. : )

I really like the actress in the series. I think she is really good and can potray the character very well. Her name is "Erika Sawajiri" and she is very 'kawaii' (meaning 'cute')

You can watch the series, '1 Litre of Tears' at MySoju.


The story is written based on the diaries written by the actual person. It was published shortly before her death. She had actually inspired a lot of people especially those who have the same disease like hers. She have written the diaries till the day she cannot hold on to a pen. One of her diary entry actually states, "I write because writing is evidence that I am still alive."

Check it out if you have the time... it's just short 12 episodes. There's even an episode of a special edition movie on it. = ))

No comments: