Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm gonna miss my 'GYM'!! = (

I took MC on Monday due to my sprained right knee after the 10km 'Yellow Ribbon Run'. It didn't feel that bad right after the run. Got scolded by doc... telling me that my knee is giving me warning when I feel pain during the run and I should not continue the run. But I have to finish what I started what.... = (

Doc banned me from running till my knee recover... err... say like 2-3 months. Arrghh... cannot eh, my next run is early Oct and another one in early Nov. Luckily, the Oct run is only 5km. OK, I will be good for awhile... after these 2 runs, will not sign up for any runs till I recover.



I have to stay away from GYM for awhile. OH NO!!! I'm gonna miss the 'GYM' and all my favourite classes so much!!! : (((
But I do feel that my knee is already better today but my hommies gave me one kinda look and shake head... alright, I will stay away at least 1-2 weeks... by right at least 1 month * sigh...

There goes my favourite 'STEPS' class... and I thought I can advance to the next level. I managed to do the 'Intermediate Steps' dy....

Next, I will miss my 'BODY PUMP' class.... after being away for 1-2 weeks, weight also need to drop dy... then all the flabs also come back. hahaha....

Then, I'm also gonna miss my once a week 'AEROBICS' class. Not very high intensity but quite fun to workout in the class BUT of course I don't dress like 'Smurfette'... haha...

Gosh! My body gonna itch all over coz cannot go to GYM. Think I'm already poisoned to become a 'GYM FREAK'. Hahaha...
Maybe I should change my schedule to lower intensity workout that does not impact much on my knees... but it won't be that 'FUN' anymore...
Say like...'SPINNING'?!? My gym buddies love 'spinning' a lot... I'm still learning how to love it... hahaha....though it's a good exercise and sweat 'A LOT' but still find it a bit boring...
Or go to 'BALANCE' or 'YOGA' classes for some stretching and flexibility.... Sometimes I feel like falling asleep attending 'YOGA' classes coz maybe I'm bit impatient and the movements are all very slow.... plus I'm not very flexible....

Lastly, I guess I would just resort to 'SWIMMING'. A good exercise for all parts of body and it won't impact on my knee. Just need to work hard on my strokes and the right techniques. = ))
Staying at home is no good coz I tend to snack more at home. :p
I'm gonna miss my 'GYM'!! Already missing it now.... = (((

2 comments:

chuasteph said...

moo, my knee took 12 mths to heal ;-) good thing i got pregnant during that time to keep me away from badminton.

Moo Moo Cow said...

harrr...1 year?!? I will faint if I can't go gym for a year... so tempted to sign up for the NIKE human race in OCT but I stayed away... :(