Sunday, August 15, 2010

1st time Kayaking ^=^

Had a GREAT time today at Macritchie Park doing my 1st kayakking with Piggy, gym kakis and friends. There were altogether 10 of us... all gals. Our kayak instructor, Eddie was a pretty nice and funny guy. We went for the 'Kayaking Orientation Programme' (KOP) and it was a 3 hours programme from 9am till 12pm for the price of $35. We learn the basics of kayaking, how to handle the kayak, how to paddle and some safety tips before we go do practical in the lake.

The weather this morning was very good... though it was drizzling and raining towards halfway kayaking in the lake, we still have lots of fun. The funny thing is that we still get darker after the kayaking though there's no sun and we used sunscreen lotion.

It was amazing that we were able to kayak for about 2km++ from the starting platform towards the end and back. Initially it was pretty scary as I was sitting in a one-seater kayak while some were using the 2-seaters kayak. When I start to paddle, the kayak was rocking side to side and I thought I would fall in the water. Luckily, I managed to balance myself and it was very fun once I got the hang of it.

'Ms. Mo' aka MCC almost killed me this morning coz she keep purposely use her kayak to bump into mine. I was so angry that I scolded her coz trying to drown me as I dunno how to swim. This is kayaking and not 'bumper kayaks'... plus she swims like a mermaid so of coz she dares to bump here and there... hmmph!! =p

Overall, we like it very much and will go for another session next time. ^=^

* Hope arms will not ache tomorrow... I miss my step class... no steps 4 me today. = (

No comments: