Sunday, August 15, 2010

Jiangnan's 1st stop: Hangzhou

Wow... time flies... 2 month plus have past and I have not blogged about my latest trip to China and Tapir have been diligently blogging about her EURO trip. I didn't even managed to post up any of my pictures in FB. ^=^ Shame on me....

My trip to Shanghai was from 5th June till 14th June 2010. Oops... I should say I have visited JiangNan instead of Shanghai. I have visited places like Shanghai, Hangzhou, Dongyang, Yiwu, Hengdian, Suzhou, Nanjing and Wuxi during the China tour with my parents and aunty. The places I visited is called ‘JiangNan’ because it is situated south of the YangTze river. The trip was 8D7N and we extended another 2 days to visit the ‘Shanghai Expo 2010’.

We spent about 2 days 2 nights in Hangzhou visiting places like Long Bridge Garden, Leifeng Pagoda, Dragon Well Tea Farm, Xixi National Wetland Park, Cheng Huang Pavillion and went to watch an indoor show on ‘Night of Hangzhou’.

The famous ‘Long Bridge Garden’ Is one of the lover bridge in HangZhou , according to the folk story, Liang Shanbo and Zhu Yingtai was send each other back for 18 times at this bridge.





This brige is a famous spot for couple taking their wedding shots.

You can actually view the ‘Leifeng Pagoda’ from the Long Bridge Garden.


We stopped by at this place called the ‘Dragon Well Tea Farm’ which is famous for its ‘LongJing’ Tea. I’m not a person who appreciates drinking tea except for my favourite ‘teh-c-peng’ which is an unhealthy tea drinking habit. Hahaha...
Tea plantation up on the hillside....

Little Teapot at the garden....

Different types of tea leaves....

Didn’t spent much time there but it is a compulsory itinerary where there are people explaining on different types of tea and what’s the benefit of drinking each types of tea. We left shortly after some people make some purchases on the tea leaves and some goodies made from tea leaves.

Next, we went to ‘Xixi National Wetland Park’... Nothing much to do there but just enjoying the scenery and snapping some nice shots.






We also went to this place called ‘Cheng Huang Pavillion’ to have a bird’s eye view of Hangzhou city and to taste the local snack ‘Lotus Roots Starch’ while listening to the traditional music instrument playing there.





Lotus Starch Dessert... Tasteless, gluey and sticky... but suppose to be good for health...

Lastly, we went to watch an indoor show called ‘Night of Hangzhou’. It was a pretty interesting show.





No comments: