Saturday, May 30, 2009

D-Day: Adidas Sundown Marathon 2009

Today (30th May 2009) is 'D' race day.... Sundown, people go zZz but tonight, Piggy, Ms.Blur (she will be cursing me when reading this...) and I will be sweating all the way to complete the 10km (starts at 8:30pm) and one friend of mine will be fighting with all her mind trying to complete the challenging 42 km (starts at 11:59pm). Another friend of mine doing the marathon is down with high fever so I don't think she can make it tonight.

The 42km would be a very interesting route, unlike the boring 10km run. It consist of straight road, bumpy and curvy road including bridges and overhead bridges. I'm pretty worried for that friend of mine who didn't do training. Well, I wish her all the best of luck... maybe a heroic marathon runner will rescue her when she is not feeling well. = )

Tapir was asking me to blog about my running preparation. Well, I didn't really train for my running but just going for gym cardio classes... on and off doing some runs on the treadmill. Does that count?!? Haha.. anyway, I'm doing it for fun and not for competition as I know my knee very well. Just need to be well and mentally prepared.

Piggy scolding me coz I didn't keep to my words for resting and not going to gym. I'm going for STEPS class later afternoon before the run tonight. Can't help it... butt itchy one day no go gym... feels like something is missing. kekeke... Will make sure I do it lightly and not hurt myself.

Hope the weather will be good tonight coz right now (1030am), the sky is sooo dark... it's like a storm coming... hahaha... If weather good, body good, mind well... it would be an enjoyable smooth run. Just need to come back rest rest... bath, wear the t-shirt and bring the race bib and tag along. Think would need about an hour to reach the race venue.

Well, wish us all the best of LUCK to finish the race in one piece, safe and sound. :p

1 comment:

Cubie said...

how did the run go?